This spinach artichoke dip is not only delicious but served in these super fun artichoke bowls! Fun for any party, easy to make, and heats up fast! You don’t want to miss this awesome spinach and artichoke dip recipe!!
Today’s Hearthstone recipe is Hot Sherazin Seed Dip!! Also known as Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip! It is super delicious and inspired by the Hearthstone minion Sherazin, Seed! This minion appears when the Sherazin, Corpse Flower card goes dormant and becomes the Sherazin, Seed!
If you are wondering what Hearthstone is you can read all about it here! This recipe is a part of my super fun Hearthstone Menu!! You can find other awesome recipes like Scrambled Devilsaur Egg Breakfast Tacos, Ragnaros Firesauce, and Cone of Cold Ice Cream!!
This spinach and artichoke dip is easy to make and delicious!
How to make artichoke spinach dip:
- Drain and chop up your artichoke hearts.
- Combine spinach, mozzarella, parmesan, and artichoke hearts in a bowl.
- In a different bowl combine all the other ingredients!
- Combine the spinach mixture and the cream cheese mixture.
- Pour in an oven safe dish and bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes. Then brown the top by broiling it on high for about 3 minutes. Alternatively you can throw all the mixed up ingredients in a crock pot and heat up on high until warm (2hrs).
Make these awesome artichoke bowls!
To make the bowls:
- Simply remove the middle petals and the little hairs at the bottom. Oh and cut of the stem if your artichoke has one.
- Then make a bowl out of foil and put it in the now hollowed out artichoke.
- Fill with dip and enjoy! Then when the party is over cook up your artichoke and eat it! (I really like how this guy tells you how to prepare the artichoke to eat!)
Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip – perfect any time!
Serve this with crackers, tortilla chips or bread! If you don’t want to make an artichoke bowl, you could alternatively make my super easy tavern bread into a bread bowl and serve it out of that and then use the bread insides to dip into the spinach artichoke dip!! Genius!
If you like this recipe make sure to check out the rest of my Hearthstone recipes on the full Hearthstone Menu!!
Hot Sherazin Seed Dip - Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 10 oz frozen spinach – thawed
- 1½ cups shredded mozzarella
- 1½ cups shredded parmesan
- 1 can artichoke hearts 13.75 oz
- 8 oz cream cheese softened (left out of the fridge for a little bit)
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbs garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
For the artichoke bowls (optional):
- 2-3 artichokes
- For the spinach artichoke dip:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Drain and chop the artichoke hearts.
- In a medium bowl mix together the spinach, mozzarella, parmesan, and chopped artichoke hearts. Set aside.
- In a different bowl combine the cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. If the cream cheese is still cold it will be hard to mix everything together. However, you can use a hand mixer or stand mixer to combine everything if need be!
- Combine the spinach mixture with the cream cheese mixture, mixing well.
- Pour everything into an oven safe glass baking dish, ceramic dish, or cast iron pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then broil on high for 3 minutes, or until the top starts to brown.
- Enjoy! I recommend using my easy tavern bread to dip into this! Or you can even make it and use it as a bread bowl to serve this dip out of!
To make the artichoke bowls:
- If your artichokes have stems, using a sharp knife, cut the stem off and make sure the artichoke will sit level.
- Carefully remove the center artichoke leaves from the artichokes. This will take a little bit of work because there are so many layers! But you should be able to pull them out fairly easily. The majority of the petals will be the small, soft purple ones.
- You should be left with a decent size whole in the center with the choke part of the artichoke showing. The choke looks like little hairs which sit above the artichoke heart. You want to scrape these out since they aren’t edible and can get lodged in people’s throats…. No good!
- Using foil make a small bowl. I like use a small bowl to help shape the foil initially.
- Gently fold back as many artichoke petals as you can to get the foil bowl into the center. I like to use foil to line these because they aren’t cooked and can have some little bugs inside of them hiding in all the petals. So it’s best to be safe!
- Then scoop the dip into the foil bowl and voila! You have a super cool center piece!
- Once done with using the artichokes as bowls keep them and cook them! I really like The Bald Gourmet’s instructions on how to prepare them!
Hearthstone Card Image from Gamepedia
©2014 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. Hearthstone is a registered trademark of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Blizzard Entertainment is a trademark or registered trademark of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. All rights reserved.
Thank you Hearthstone for the some of the fun items given to me for my pictures!