This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #gatherwithRotel #CollectiveBias
Easy Bruschetta, an easy and delicious snack! Make this easy as an appetizer or a side for a party! #ad #gatherwithRotel #CollectiveBias #bruschetta #holiday #christmas #platter #appetizer #easy
Going to parties and getting to try all the fun foods is one of my favorite things! I love when parties have bruschetta on hand and I can’t help eating one, two, or three helpings!
I thought I shared a simple and tasty bruschetta recipe that I love and give it a holiday spin.
My secret to making this appetizer supper easy? Using RO*TEL Original Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies! RO*TEL provides an easy way to add a little kick to a classic bruschetta and tastes oh so good!
Check out these ideas for more RO*TEL Holiday Inspiration!
You can find RO*TEL in all of it’s delicious varieties at Walmart!
So whether you are gathering around the fire with snacks in hand or at a grand party with snacks galore- this bruschetta recipe is a winner!
How to make bruschetta?
- Slice baguette into pieces and brush with olive oil
- Bake bread pieces until browned
- Dices garlic then sauté until browned
- In a medium bowl combine RO*TEL Original Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies with oil, garlic, basil, salt, and balsamic vinegar.
- Make up your platter and then place bruschetta onto the bread.
How to make a Christmas Tree Platter:
- On a large platter lay out basil leaves in the shape of a large tree/triangle
- Place toasted baguette slices on top of basil adding one extra for the stump
- Right before you want to serve the dish add the bruschetta topping
- Place mozzarella balls and rolled prosciutto on top to act as decorations and you can even form the prosciutto into a star and place at the top!
Why did the toasted bread pieces get soggy?
This happens when you serve the dish too soon and it isn’t eat up right away. All the delicious juices from the bruschetta soak into the bread. I recommend making the platter up right before you serve in order to prevent this.
What do I do with the extra bruschetta topping?
I like to put a bowl out with the extra topping and a plate of the remaining toasted baguette slices so people can make their own bruschetta appetizers as they choose.
RO*TEL is known for delivering bold, adventurous flavor and using it in this bruschetta is no exception!
This holiday season take your your snacking to the next level! Whip up this tasty and easy bruschetta!
For other tasty holiday treats check out:
- Homemade Peppermint Bark
- Christmas Tree Cupcakes
- Snowman Truffles
- Easy Sugar Cookies
- Sugared Cranberries
Easy Bruschetta Recipe
For the bread:
- 1 large baguette sliced into ¼ inch rounds
- Olive Oil for brushing
For the tomatoes:
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 6 tbs olive oil
- 2 cans of RO*TEL Original Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies
- ½ cup of basil washed and chopped
- 1 tbs salt
- ½ cup balsamic oil
Preheat oven to 400°.
Slice your baguette and place bread pieces on a baking sheet. Brush both sides of bread slices with olive oil.
Toast bread for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown, turning halfway through so both sides get browned.
In a small saucepan heat 6tbs olive oil and add the minced garlic*. Sautee garlic until fragrant and browned. Once sautéed remove pan from heat and set aside.
Drain your 2 cans of RO*TEL Original Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies then pour into a medium sized bowl.
Rinse, dry, and thinly slice your basil then add to the tomatoes.
Add the salt, balsamic oil, and all the oil and garlic from the sauté pan into the tomatoes. Stir until combined the allow to marinate for 30 minutes.
Spoon tomatoes onto toasted bread sliced right before serving. If make a holiday platter see instruction in the post above.
I often will use a garlic press instead of minced garlic- takes less time and is much easier!