Blueberry Coffee Cake, An easy and delicious blueberry coffee cake that is perfect year-round!
Topped with lots of crumb topping and a yummy glaze- you can’t go wrong with this blueberry coffee cake!
Blueberry Coffee Cake
When I was growing up I thought coffee cake would taste like coffee- bitter! I’m mean I enjoy a good cup of coffee now and then, but I still wouldn’t want a cake to taste purely like it!
Needless to say I sure am glad I was wrong!
This is hands down one of the best coffee cake recipes ever! Simple to make and so delicious!
How to make blueberry coffee cake:
- Mix together all of the ingredients for the cake except the blueberries
- Gently fold in the blueberries
- Pour into prepared baking dish
- Combine all the ingredients for the crumb topping/streusel
- Pour topping evenly over batter
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Combine ingredients for the glaze
- Top coffee cake with glaze once it’s done baking
How do you make coffee cake with Bisquick?
Bisquick makes baking so easy and it always turns out delicious. I use the bisquick mixture in this recipe as a replacement for the flour, baking soda, and salt that would otherwise make up a coffee cake.
Does blueberry coffee cake need to be refrigerated?
I do recommend refrigerating the leftover coffee cake (if you have any!) in Ziploc baggie or other air tight container because of the glaze and the blueberries.
This blueberry coffee cake recipe is easy to make and tastes amazing!
Coffee Cake Tip: Gently fold in your blueberries. Otherwise they will burst and stain the batter.
It will still taste delicious but will be a gross grey color after it’s been baked and no one wants that!
Bisquick Blueberry Coffee Cake- simple and delicious!
I wanted this crumb coffee cake recipe to have lots of crumb topping because that is one of my favorite parts- and I have no regrets about it! So good!
The sweetness from the sugar mixed with the delicious cinnamon makes the topping so good!
The glaze is made with almond extract because I love the flavor of it, but you can totally use vanilla or orange extract instead!
Seriously go make this blueberry coffee cake recipe ASAP!
Blueberry Coffee Cake
- 2 cups original bisquick
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tbs sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ cups blueberries
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2/3 cup bisquick mix
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup butter softened
Simple Glaze (Optional)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbs milk
- ½ tsp almond extract or vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375°F and grease a 9 inch round pan.*
- Combine all the ingredients for the streusel in a small bowl and mix everything together until crumbly. Set aside.
- Mix all coffee cake ingredients together EXCEPT the blueberries.
- Once the batter is well mixed gently fold in the blueberries*.
- Pour into prepared pan and sprinkle streusel evenly over the top.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown.
While baking, combine all the glaze ingredients until it is smooth. You can add additional milk 1 tsp at a time to thin it if needed.
- When coffee cake is done baking drizzle glaze over it.
*Use a springform pan if you have one! That way you can take the cake out easily! *If you stir the blueberries in too vigorously then they will burst and turn your coffee cake blue/grey. Coffee Cake recipe is adapted from the Betty Crocker Streusel Coffee Cake