Dark Chocolate Frosting, an easy and delicious frosting that you will want to make again and again. If you enjoy chocolate than you will love this dark chocolate frosting!
Dark Chocolate Frosting
This is one of my favorite frostings! I probably say that about every frosting I make but oh well.
I guess I just love frosting!
This easy chocolate frosting recipe is rich, smooth, and something you will love!
Take me to the recipe for Dark Chocolate Frosting already!
Thank you so much for wanting to get straight to my recipe!
If you don’t want to read my super helpful tips and tricks and get straight to this delicious Dark Chocolate Frosting – you can simply scroll all the way to the bottom of this post for the full printable FREE recipe! Enjoy!
How to make dark chocolate frosting:
- Whip the butter
- Mix in espresso powder, dark cocoa powder, and vanilla
- Mix in the powdered sugar and heavy cream
What if my frosting is too runny?
Mix in more powdered sugar until you get the consistency you want. Start with ¼ powered sugar then increase from there.
What if my frosting is too stiff?
Mix in more heavy whipping cream until you get the consistency you want. Start with 1 tbs heavy whipping cream then increase from there.
Add sprinkles to your chocolate frosting for an extra flair!
I recently used this chocolate buttercream recipe on my Valentines Day Cupcakes– and it was perfect!
This dark chocolate buttercream frosting is so good- you need to make this asap!
Make sure to check out my other frosting recipes!
- Milk Chocolate Buttercream
- Marshmallow Frosting
- Brown Sugar Frosting
- Best Vanilla Frosting
- Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
- Grapefruit Frosting
Dark Chocolate Frosting
- ½ cup cold butter cut into chunks
- ½ tsp espresso powder
- ½ cup dark cocoa powder I used Hershey’s Special Dark
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 12 tbs heavy whipping cream
- In a mixer whip the butter until it is fluffy.
- Add in the espresso powder, dark cocoa powder, and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add in powdered sugar and heavy whipping cream. Alternating between the two. I like to add in 1 cup of powder sugar followed by 2 tbs of heavy whipping cream, let it combine and then add the next round of powdered sugar and cream.
- Once everything is added, mix on high for 20-30 seconds.
*If you are going to pipe the frosting on really tall then you will need to double this recipe.