These spider cookies are super fun to make and really tasty! A chocolate sugar cookie topped with delicious buttercream and a lindor truffle spider! YUM!
A little while ago I made spider bomb cookies for my Hearthstone Menu and realized they would be perfect for Halloween if I switched up the colors a bit! After making a batch of the chocolate sugar cookies, I knew I wanted to use them as the base for this Halloween cookie treat, because the dark color would be perfect against a bright orange frosting!
Halloween Spider Cookies- perfect for any Halloween Party!
If you are making these cookies you might want to also makes some of my black cat cookies which use the same cookie dough as these!
A Spider Web Cookies that Tastes Delicious!
How to make spider cookies:
- First make a batch of the super easy and delicious chocolate sugar cookies.
- Make a batch of my easy buttercream frosting and then dye it bright orange.
- Frost the cookies and then decorate with the black food gel and candies to make the spider web and spider!
- Easy as that!
I am definitely getting in the Halloween spirit with these cookies! If you like this Halloween recipe check out my other Halloween treats like Halloween Monster Oreos, Halloween Popcorn Balls, and my Black Cat Sugar Cookies!
- 1 batch of chocolate sugar cookies cooked and cooled – link in instructions
- 1 batch of vanilla buttercream - link in instructions
- Neon orange food coloring gel
- Black sparkle gel*
- ½ cup chocolate frosting- link in instructions
- 24 lindor dark chocolate truffle
- 24 chocolate covered blueberries
Make a batch of these delicious chocolate sugar cookies and let them cool completely.
Whip up a batch of my super easy and delicious buttercream frosting. Then add neon orange food coloring gel to it until you get the orange color you want.
Make a batch of my easy chocolate frosting*
To decorate, simply frost a nice layer of the orange buttercream onto each cookie. Then make a web by using the black gel to make three circles and then drag a toothpick from the center out crossing the black lines.
Place a lindor truffle in the center of the web and add a chocolate covered blueberry for the head. Then using the chocolate frosting and a piping bag or a little baggie with corner cut off, pipe on the 8 spider legs.
*I bought this at my local grocery store but you can use black frosting as well. *I did use chocolate frosting from the store for this since I knew I wasn’t using a ton of the frosting and didn’t feel like making my own (since I would've ended up eating all of it :P) but you can find my super easy and addicting chocolate frosting recipe here if you want to make your own.