This is the best buttercream frosting recipe! It is smooth, fluffy, and perfectly sweet. It is great as is, or add any extract to flavor it how you want!
This white buttercream frosting is easy to make!
Buttercream frosting is great for cakes and cupcakes!
How to make buttercream frosting:
- Whip butter until light and fluffy
- Mix in powdered sugar 1 cup at a time
- Add in vanilla, heavy cream, and a pinch of salt. Mix on high un til fluffy and everything is fully incorporated!
- Chill in fridge for 10-20 minutes, then frost away!
This frosting is an improved version of my brownie bite buttercream. This is light and fluffy and perfect for anything you need to frost!
Use vanilla buttercream frosting to make smooth sides, or decorate cupcakes!
I’ve used this buttercream frosting on so many recipes lately! Including my StarCraft Cake and Harry Potter Cake! This is seriously the best buttercream frosting I’ve ever made and will continue to make! Give it a try and let me know what you will use it to frost!
The Best Buttercream Frosting
- 1 cup butter cold and cut into chunks
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tbs vanilla*
- 5 tbs heavy cream
- Pinch of salt
- In a stand mixer, whip your butter chunks on medium high speed until the butter is light and fluffy.
- Add in the powdered sugar 1 cup at a time, letting it mix into the butter completely.
- Add in the vanilla, heavy cream, and pinch of salt, allowing the ingredients to incorporate fully
Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes to allow it to thicken up before using to decorate if needed. If the frosting is too thick after refrigerating, it will soften up quickly at room temperature. or to speed things along you can stick it back in the mixer and mix for a few seconds. If the frosting is too runny, add more powdered sugar to thicken it.
*You can add any other extract you want (lemon, lime, orange!!). *If adding food coloring you can add it in with the vanilla and heavy cream, or if you need multiple colors, separate the frosting when done and then mix in the coloring.