This post has been sponsored by The Coca-Cola® Company and SheSpeaks. Msg for 21+
Witch’s Brew Recipe, a fun and tasty cocktail for Halloween! Enjoy this delicious Sprite® and Rum cocktail at your next Halloween party!
Witch’s Brew Cocktail Recipe
I love making fun Halloween Treats- especially these tasty drinks! Last Halloween I shared my Cauldron Cocktail which featured Sprite®, Cranberry, and Rum. This year I am sharing a fun shimmery green Witch’s Brew Cocktail!
For more Halloween Recipes check out:
- Frankenstein Halloween Rice Crispy Treats
- Spooky Spider Cookies
- Black Cat Cookies
- Halloween Monster Cookies
This cocktail features Sprite®, White Rum, and Crème de Menthe. Similar to last year’s drink but with a refreshing twist! This drink gets its fun shimmery look from using luster dust and will leave your guests feeling the Halloween Spirit!
When I was at Sam’s Club picking up the Sprite® and Rum for this cocktail, I had so much fun seeing all the Halloween goodies they had! From candy to decorations, Sam’s Club had everything you could need to throw the best Halloween party!
Plus, Sam’s Club not only offers Club Pick Up, which is very convenient, but they also have Scan & Go which I absolutely love.
With Scan & Go you use the Sam’s Club app to scan each item as you add it in your cart and then pay with your credit card through the app. Simply have the nice person at the door scan the bar code produced via the app after you pay and you can SKIP ALL THE LINES!
Ok, back to this fun Halloween Cocktail!
How to make Witches Brew Cocktail:
- Combine Rum, Crème De Menthe, and Luster Dust in a mason jar and give it a nice shake
- Divide into three glasses
- Top each glass off with Sprite® and enjoy!
Luster Dust Tips and Tricks
- Luster Dust is an edible, non-toxic, decorating powder used on cakes, cookies, and as in this instance, drinks.
- I used a combination of green and gold to get the light green color I wanted- what I imagine a witch’s brew to look like. That being said you can use any color luster dust and it will make a pretty shimmery colored drink.
- I definitely recommend mixing the luster dust in with the alcohol before adding the Sprite®. The alcohol helps distribute the dust whereas if you just tried to stir it into the Sprite® it will clump and not look very nice.
- Make sure when you buy Luster Dust it says non-toxic/edible on it. You can find luster dust in the cake decorating aisle of your local grocery or hobby store.
- Make the drinks right before serving or if you have them sitting out give them a little stir before handing them off to your guests. The luster dust will eventually settle to the bottom so stirring the drinks will bring the color and shimmer back to the drink.
How to make a sugared rim on your cocktail glass:
Simply wipe the rim of your glass with the simple syrup or soda. You want it to be sticky from the sugar but not have large droplets of liquid on the rim. Large droplets will cause clumping and it won’t look as nice.
Then dip your glass into sprinkles/colored sugar. The easiest way I’ve found to do this is to pour the sprinkles on a flat surface, like a salad plate, then gently press the rim of the glass into the sprinkles.
What is Crème de Menthe?
For this recipe you will need to make Crème de Menthe or buy it from the store- but it is really easy to make!
Crème de Menthe is essentially just a mint simple syrup. Meaning sugar, water, and mint extract. Mint is a very strong flavor so a little goes a long way. I recommend only using 2 tbs of Crème de Menthe per drink but you may even want to just try 1 tbs and then add more if you desire.
What to do with extra Crème de Menthe?
Your leftover Crème de Menthe can be used to flavor sweet tea and lemonade or use it in making Mint Juleps!
How to use dry ice to give drinks a spooky effect:
Dry ice is such a fun way to make your Halloween cocktails even more exciting. Simply add a little piece of dry ice to your drink as you serve it your guests!
Make sure you use tongs or gloves to handle the dry ice. It is very cold and will burn you if you touch it for too long.
Also, make sure you tell your guests to not drink the dry ice. Tell them to allow it to dissolve before consuming the drink.
If you don’t want to put the dry ice in each glass but still want the spooky effect simply place bowls or extra cups around your decorations, add dry ice and a little water and let it get everything all misty.
Are you ready for Halloween?! Are you dressing up and trick-or-treating or handing out candy? Let me know in the comments below!
Witch’s Brew Halloween Cocktail
- 3 cans Sprite [12 oz. cans]
Crème de Menthe Simple Syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
Witches Brew Cocktail
- 3 tbs Crème de Menthe Simple Syrup*
- 6 oz white rum
- 1/8 th tsp – ¼ tsp Green Luster Dust- non-toxic/edible
- 1/8 th Gold Luster Dust- non-toxic/edible optional
- Colored Sugar Sprinkles optional
- Dry Ice optional
Crème de Menthe Simple Syrup
1.In a small pot mix together the sugar and water. Bring to a boil and then pour into a mason jar or another heat resistant container and allow to cool. You can stick it in the refrigerator to speed up the cooling process up.
2.Once cool add in the peppermint extract.
How to make Witch’s Brew Cocktail
Wipe the rim of your drinking glasses with simple syrup or a little soda. Dip into sprinkles.
Pour 6 oz white rum and 3-6 tbs Crème de Menthe into a mason jar or another cup that has a lid and that you can shake. Add in green luster dust and gold luster dust (if using gold). Start with 1/8th tsp of the green and then add more if you want it to be greener.
Shake the mixture and then divide into three glasses.
Top each glass off with a can of Sprite.
A little Crème de Menthe goes a long way. Start with 1tbs per drink (so 3tbs total) and make the cocktail. If you want more mint flavor then simply add another tablespoon to your individual drink.
If using dry ice and luster dust, please see my post above!
Use leftover Crème de Menthe in lemonade, tea, or make Mint Juleps!
*Do not ingest or swallow dry ice. Make sure the drink stops bubbling and smoking before you drink it. Always use gloves or tongs when handling dry ice.