This is an easy and delicious brown sugar buttercream that will have everyone raving! I love frosting so much! I have a favorite chocolate frosting recipe, my favorite (and seriously so good) classic buttercream frosting, and now there is this beauty! Brown Sugar Buttercream Frosting! It is an easy spin off of my classic buttercream and perfect for those fall desserts that need a little more sweetness in their life!
An easy and delicious brown sugar butter cream frosting!
How to make brown sugar buttercream frosting:
- Whip butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy
- Mix in powdered sugar 1 cup at a time
- Add in vanilla, heavy cream, and a pinch of salt. Mix on high until fluffy and everything is fully incorporated!
Brown Sugar Buttercream is perfect on any cupcakes but my favorite on Sweet Potato Pie Cupcakes!
If you like this recipe make sure to check out my other desserts at The Dessert Table! You’ll find delicious recipes like piñata cupcakes, sweet potato cupcakes, the best homemade chocolate cake, and these easy chocolate sugar cookies!
Brown Sugar Buttercream
- 1 cup butter slightly softened and cut into chunks
- 1 cup brown sugar lightly packed
- 4.5 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tbs vanilla*
- 5 tbs heavy cream
- Pinch of salt
- In a stand mixer, whip your butter chunks and brown sugar on medium high speed until the butter is light and fluffy and the brown sugar is incorporated.
- Add in the powdered sugar 1 cup at a time, letting it mix into the butter completely.
- Add in the vanilla, heavy cream, and pinch of salt, allowing the ingredients to incorporate fully
- Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes to allow it to thicken up before using to decorate if needed. If the frosting is too thick after refrigerating, it will soften up quickly if at room temperature or to speed things along you can stick it back in the mixer and mix for a few seconds. If the frosting is too runny, add more powdered sugar to thicken it.
- Enjoy! (I like to use this recipe to frost my Sweet Potato Cupcakes!)